2.8.05

Hope for Ourselves and the World

When I heard [how things were going in Jerusalem], I sat down and wept. In fact, for days I mourned, fasted, and prayed to the God of heaven. Then I said, "O Lord, God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps his covenant of unfailing love with those who love him and obey his commands, listen to my prayer! Look down and see me praying night and day for your people Israel. Nehemiah 1:4-6

We need to mourn, fast, and pray for United States of America, for Israel and our world. So much sorrow in so many places caused by mankind's greed, hatred, and unforgiving attitude; it does no good to point fingers of blame, but heart felt prayer to the one true God can work miracles.


The king asked, "Well, how can I help you?"
With a prayer to the God of heaven, I replied, "If it please Your majesty and if you are pleased with me, send me to Judah to rebuild the city when my ancestors are buried." Nehemiah 2:4-5
The next time your feeling down because you don't have a job, think about Nehemiah. Do what he did: first pray to the God in heaven for courage. Then ask for that job of a lifetime in your interview. Have your eyes and ears open to the opportunities when someone asks, "What can I do for you"? Your job of a lifetime could be just a prayer away.
Jan

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.