9.7.05

FIGHT AGAINST RACISM.

Here's something I got from a friend; read it and see what you get from it. Myself; I agree; BUT, I do have a comment to make at the end.
Subject: Racism
Good for Oprah!
I'm sure many of you watched the taping of the Oprah Winfrey show where her guest was Tommy Hilfiger. On the show, she asked him if the statements about race he was accused of saying were true.
Statements like..."If I'd known African-Americans, Hispanics, Jews and Asians would buy my clothes, I would not have made them so nice.
I wish these people would *NOT* buy my clothes, as they are made for upper class
white people." His answer to Oprah was a simple "YES". She immediately asked him to leave her show.
My suggestion?
Don't buy your next shirt or perfume from Tommy Hilfiger. Let's give him what he asked for. Let's not buy his clothes, let's put him in a financial state where he himself will not be able to afford the ridiculous prices he puts on his clothes. Not to worry, I couldn't afford them anyway!
BOYCOTT. PLEASE SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE YOU KNOW.


The following scene took place on a BA flight between Johannesburg and London:
A white woman, about 50 years old, was seated next to a black man.
Obviously disturbed by this, she called the air Hostess. Madam, what is the matter?" the hostess asked. "You obviously do not see it
then?" she responded. "You placed me next to a black man. I do not agree to sit next to someone from such a repugnant group. Give me an alternative seat." "Be calm please," the hostess replied. "Almost all the places on
this flight are taken. I will go to see if another place is available."
The Hostess went away and then came back a few minutes later.
"Madam, just as I thought, there are no other available seats in economy class. I spoke to the captain and he informed me that there is also no
seat in business class. All the same, we still have one place in first class." Before the woman could say anything, the hostess continued: "It
is not usual for our company to permit someone from economy class to sit in first class. However, given the circumstances, the captain
feels that it would be scandalous to make someone sit next to someone so
disgusting."
She turned to the black man and said,
"Therefore, Sir, if you would like to move, please collect your hand luggage, as a seat awaits you in first class."
At that moment, the other passengers, who were shocked by what they had just witnessed, stood up and applauded.
This is a true story. If you are against racism, please send this message to all of your friends. Please do not delete it without sending
it to at least one person.
FIGHT AGAINST RACISM.

Alright before I go any further, I did mail this to everyone in my address book; because, I'm against ALL racism. Even this display against Tommy Hilfiger. Yes I said against him. That is what my comment is about.
Why is it?
When ANY white makes a comment it's racist, but it's okay from any other color or race?
Whites aren't permitted to have white colleges and universities but Blacks can?
Remember the statement "A mind is a terrible thing to waste!"? That was/is used as an advertisement for the Negro college fund. How come they can get special funds for helping them but whites aren't allowed? It's racist if whites do it.

How come?
The whole time I was a single parent raising my kids I was turned down for every help offered. My skin is white; I'm a mix and I never played on my American Indian heritage. I worked 2 and 3 jobs and damn near had to prostitute myself to survive, but never got one lick of help because I was white to them. I'm Irish, Scotch, German, Dutch and Cherokee so I don't deserve to get help. My kids can do without. We can live in the street, do without an education, eat crappy food, get raped and molested, used and abused and that's okay with society. But let these same things happen to any brown skin, yellow skin or any other adopted new American; even illegals...And they get on the top of the list for welfare, food stamps, college help, housing assistance, medical; even help with the utilities.

Don't tell me there isn't discrimination and racism against whites; It happened to me and it's still happening to my daughter.
Why is that okay? Can anyone answer me that? What the hell did I ever do to anyone to deserve getting shit on because my skin is considered by society to be white? My half-breed son-in-law gets the same treatment; Mowapin Nation (I'm not sure of the spelling) and the same other mix as me minus the Cherokee.
We've never asked for anything unless we desperately needed it; you know the old pride thing. Yet EVERY time I was refused and the only help my daughter and family could get was medical for the kids.
I'm sorry if this offends someone, but I'm offended that I'm being forced to accept unequal treatment and this is suppose to be okay. Well it isn't okay! Racism is wrong no matter what color you are....No matter what nationality you are....No matter what nation you are affiliated with....No matter what sex you are....No matter what! What you are!!!
FIGHT AGAINST RACISM.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I not only don't ever consider buying Hilfiger overpriced ghetto garb I can't appreciate Oprah much. The guy is a jerk and she is predjudiced too, so I figure one cancels the other out. Oprah, if you weren't aware of it only helps Africans in Africa who have no parents. For some reason or other she feels the American people in any race, or financial poverty, arent worthy.

Personally I can't make a distinction to only feed, care for one over the other. I can see that helping those she has chosen is a worthy cause but, to not see others is in my book predjudiced and uncaring.

JDM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.