18.6.05

The Gall Bladder Saga

I set it up to have my gall bladder removed when school was out for the summer, so I didn't loose any work over it. I didn't have anyone to come get me so the nurse said she would bring me home because I didn't have anyone that would bring me home; otherwise I would have to stay in the hospital. She said I could go home probably around noon then I was to stay down at home and couldn't drive for 3 days. The night before I was scheduled to have the operation there was a Tsunami warning. My daughter called me, "Did you hear about the Tsunami warning this evening? There was a 7.5 or better earthquake in Northern California. I'll call Jackii and let you know what I find out." I tuned into the news while we were talking. The Univ. of WA seismology department has been monitoring ever since and had us all on stand-by warning. They just ended the warning about 5 minutes ago.
He also said, that an earthquake of that magnitude could cause the plate to slide enough to cause major eruptions in the active volcanoes Rainier, St. Helens and any others like Yellowstone to erupt. Plus tidal waves and they could all be random. St Helens had some activity but he said she settled down again. So that's what I know so far. I have to get up to be at the hospital at 7a.m. so I'll be heading for bed soon. I can't eat or drink anything until after the operation. So wouldn't you know it. I'm thirsty. LOL Any other time I could care less. Then they talk about all that water. LOL Reminds me of having to pee and someone singing the water song. I don't know about you, but I'm at peace and it's fine with me if I'm heading home; but it's also okay if God is holding it off for a while longer. Whatever He wants is fine with me. love-ya-g-bye and love-ya-g-bye-too.
Then my granddaughter called and we ran by the same things then I asked, "By the way; what's the baby's name going to be? I have a blanket in the works for him. A baby rainbow blanket that will be big enough he can wag it around when he gets bigger. It should fit a baby bed when I'm done. Hope I can get it finished before he's 20; or my hands give out. They are in pain now from knitting with such small needles. Bummer! No wonder I never wanted to knit. Now I remember why." LOL Kisses kiddo! Loveya-g-bye. Jasmin.. "Oh yah! Am I supposed to call the hospital when I call and check up on you?" After my first day home I sent this e out to my friends.
This is a blanket e for everyone. I'm suppose to stay down so can't be at the puter to long. Been to hospital. Home now. Gall bladder out. Hurting! Was told I have cirousis (sp?)of the liver. Don't know why - could have been from a blood transfusion or Hepatitis C and didn't know I had it for umpteen years. Sometimes don't show up for 10 to 30 years. Did a biopsy. I Go back to Dr. 22nd and 29th for my surgery follow up.
I'm not worried; BFD: I was paralyzed for a year and they said I'd never walk again. I broke all the bones in my right hand and the Lord healed me in front of 16 onlookers. My first thought when I was told about the cirrhosis "Just another opportunity for The Good Lord to show how Awesome He is and give me another chance to Witness for Him...bring it on!"
Then whoopee do, I'm on call for Jury duty for the whole summer. July and August. Must be all this clean living. LOL
If I miss you...I'm recuperating from surgery.
Have fun enjoying your life; I am I was given an opportunity to supply the surgery nurse's Aunt with some sketches to color ( she's mentally challenged) I had been saving some colored pencils and some oil pastels to give to someone ( I didn't like them) so I gave her the box of them and 2 pictures. See I need to get the color book together for people like her and I know there are others besides us two that like to color.
(note to Jackii & Aaron:
Jackii, your birthday night was the tsunami warning and earthquake; what are you going to do for an encore Aaron?
LOL Happy Birthday to both of you; you should be getting cards in the e. Kisses and hugs Mom)

Then Another blanket update the next day......
Thank you Pat, Penny, Terry, Claire, and Jill. I treasure your prayers and your friendship.
My grandson stayed with my yesterday and slept on the floor so he could do for his gramma; he was worried about me. Isn't that precious coming from a 16 year old teen that doesn't have much time for anything but sports? And here I thought he had outgrown gramma. Boy was I wrong. He's planning on coming back over tomorrow to do my laundry and wash my windows for me. Today he put up my clean summer curtains; saving me having to climb, and cooked dinner last evening, fixed breakfast and lunch today. Went to the store and got more bandage stuffs and an ice pack. Cleaned up the dishes and kitchen and since he forgot the bag of ice; he bummed the neighbors ice and got my trays in the freezer. All the while studying for his hunters safety coarse so he can hunt this fall. He passed with flying colors; now tonight he goes out on a real hunt to see if he puts into practice what they teach.

I'm just heating up my hot pad and getting my ice pack and heading for bed. I've read half a book already. The meds make me sleepy so I don't get to far before I pass out for a while. Dr. Durret called me this afternoon to see how I'm getting along. I thought that was nice of him.
Well, best get back into bed. I took a quick shower and feel almost normal; except for the pain. LOL
Talk to you again.
((((X))))
If I miss you...I'm farting around. Have fun enjoying your life; I will in a couple days.

Then one of the individual thanks to all the cards and e-mails. Friends make it so much easier to handle. God Bless them all.

I'm not quite up to speed, but according to the bunch at the hospital, I'm amazing. LOL I don't know what they expected. All I know is I was ready to go to the bathroom the minute I awakened; and they kept telling me no, not yet. I finally told them if they didn't let me go I'd be pissing the bed; then they could clean up the mess. They offered me a bed pan. AAAAAAaaah! Get away, we!ew! ptewy! A pox on you AND your bed pan. Just let me go to the friggin toilet: it's only five feet from this bed for Christ's sake. They all oowed and awed that I went unassisted; they hovered, but didn't need to. Only thing that bothered me was the drugs wearing off. I hurt naturally, but I wasn't dizzy like they said I'd be.

I was completely back to normal in one hour. I left the hospital at three,. after calling my daughter and relaying to her the nurse that was going to drive me home had to pull a double; so I'd be stuck at the hospital till someone sprung me. She called another CNA friend that drove Robin to the hospital, then Robin drove me home with my granddaughter. My grandson showed up shortly after we arrived at the Pharmacy; we were waiting for my pain meds to be filled. Bless his heart, I really didn't expect him to back over; I understood completely why he went to work with his dad; when I found out that his father got shot in the butt at work by his boss. What a putz! The guy should know better than be careless with a nail gun.

Tim just returned my car as I suggested; after Robin, Tim and James used it to go to Aberdeen yesterday evening. They were suppose to bring it back last night, but at 9:30 they were still at Safeway. I reminded them: I wanted the tank re-filled, and their trash cleaned out; I need a bag of ice, and my mail (it's been 4 days now; my box will be choked full), to get that stuff done before Tim brings it back in the morning before meeting his boss for a ride to work.

I'm going out today if it kills me. I can't stand this sitting at home doing nothing. Maybe I'll surprise Robin and Jasmin...LOL

On the third day she arose! LOL Just a joke! Don't take it serious.



Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger Zette said...

Holy Cow, woman!!!! You going to run a marathon next? I'm glad to hear your surgery went well and that you recovered faster than the hospital staff expceted. (Always a nice treat!) I'm really glad that your family was there to help you out this time around, especially James. What a sweetheart he must be! Hope you're up and about even more next week, and enjoying some of your summer vacation. Take care.

~Suzette~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.