9.6.05

By This Time Tomorrow

By This Time Tomorrow school will be out for the Summer here in South Bend, Washington. YIPPPPPEEEEEE!
Sorry, that's been stuck in the back of my throat and building for the past couple weeks. Don't get me wrong, I do love my job and the kids I play taxi for everyday of the school year, but I do love my job when school lets out too. Personally I think working for the school is the best job anyone could have ever; no matter what position you have. The only job that beats this one out in the competition for best all time jobs, for me, was when I worked for the USDA Forest Service.

On the last day for the transportation department, we drive our first run then spend the remaining 3 hours cleaning our busses inside and out, and sharing pot luck snacks with each other. This year instead of meatballs and broccoli, I made shish-k-bobs and carrot sticks with a shrimp dip for whatever others might bring in the veggie department. We'll be short drivers on our last run, due to one is heading for her daughter's in northern Washington and the other is taking a floating Holiday. I'm paying one driver's son to wash my bus today; on the outside, so I can concentrate on getting the inside scrubbed up good. I have a nice list of things to accomplish in that three hours besides snacking. One or more of my little darlings spilled orange juice all over the floor and splattered several seats. Then, as if that wasn't enough, they walked it down the center pathway and out the bus. There are also: a few white out petroglyphs and graffiti on backs of some seats, and the windows need cleaned; all 52 of them.

This afternoon I'm watching my grandson play his first "Summer Season Flag Football" game, then on the weekend I'm heading for Westport, Washington for the big ships. The Lady Washington and a couple other Barque's will be on display for the public; $4.00 to board and check them out up close. Remember.... Arg!..." Pirates of the Caribbean?"
Well for $50.00 I can go out sailing on one of them and participate in a battle between ships. Avast Ye Maties! Baton the poopsl and shiver me jib n all that sort of Pirate stuff. Hay! Being as Black Beard is a dead distant relative on my Father's side; I figure it's my moral imperative to my family heritage.

I'll try to get some nice pictures to share with you all. Shoot I may even take Rosey as my imitation parrot.

Ah Hoy....Cap-en...We be fly'n ar Colors...Head'n inta the wind at full sails! We be board'n and share'n the spoils as ordered Sir! Look lively Mates......Squawk...Good girl Rosey, get into character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.