27.5.05

The Fog crept in on little cat's feet.

Here it is; Friday, the beginning of Memorial Day weekend. It's been hitting mid 80's and as high as 92 the past few days, yet this afternoon at 3:15 p.m. to be exact, the sea poop/fog came stealthily creeping across the surrounding hills on the ocean side, and leaving a thick blanket of chilling cold as it fanned out covering all the beach side residents. We villagers have only the fresh memory, and an aching yearning for more sun. By the time I: took my bus kids home from the Class Day celebration, parked my school bus snug in the garage, and turned in my route sheet, the fog had moved into South Bend and was skirting our sister community along the hillside of Raymond.

I took my family home to their respective homes after stopping at the market for some charcoal and a large package of chicken legs and thighs. My son-in-law is a fantastic Bar-B-Qer. Since he was due home anytime, we thought we'd get the old Q fired up and surprise him for a change. When he got home at 6:30 p.m. it was flat out cold. We had all put on some extra layers, shut any unnecessary windows, and battened down the hatches. I just got back to my place in South Bend at 8:40 p.m. and it feels like winter outside while it's 90° inside from what WAS the day's buildup of heat. I even had the vents and fans going, yet it's miserable hot in my apartment and it looks like rain outside.

Happy Memorial Day to you fools who thought you were going to have a sunny three-day weekend. Not to worry, I wasn't counting on the sun. Ha hA! Cause we've already Bar-B-Q'd and I'm setting up my easel and dragging out the canvas, paints and anything that looks like it might hold a picture I'm about to create. Three days of glorious uninterrupted painting. Of coarse I had to insult a few people to get the seclusion, but what the heck; works for me.
The last time I had four days in a row, I had I spent them doing for others. This time: F-off to anyone that wants anything from me. These are MY days! I earned them! I'm taking them! I don't care who gets hurt! Deal with it!

My Irish Mamma used to say, "If there has to be one of us angry about something; I'd just as soon it was you."

This Irish Grandma says, "F--- em if they don't understand; the ones that don't aren't friends - the ones that do; won't get angry."

So, Happy Memorial Day! Spend it doing whatever makes you happy; doing your thing, whatever that might be. You're worth it and you earned it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.