16.7.05

I'm having one of those Summer days where I'm enjoying the feel of the air on my skin. The clouds are beautiful and I can see all sorts of things in them; critters, faces, birds, old men pushing carts. There is an occasional jet stream way up high. The neighbors are out mowing their grass; trimming the lawn; weeding. The kids in the my apartment building have a slip-n-slide in the back yard, outside my door; their squealing, sliding, bickering, squabbling and enjoying the fun of sneaking the dish soap out of the house (against mom's orders) to make the ride slicker.

My grandkids each spent one night at grandma's and the whole family will be leaving early tomorrow morning for home. They are going to bring me some home made clam chowder from their three days clamming in trade for some home made Elk kilbasa (Polish sausage). I told them I'd fix them up a little snack for the road to go with the kilbasa.

Justin finagled another full bedspread hand made crochet Indian blanket out of grandma. He said he liked feeling gramma's arms around him while he slept. That's so funny. Not the fact he feels grandma's arms, but the fact he said that; because everyone that has gotten one of my blankets has made the same comment. One girl (another adopted grandchild) said, "Gramma, I can smell you in the yarn; your perfume; and when I wrap up in the blanket, it just feels like your holding me. I sleep really good in your blanket." That's pretty much what they all say.

Anyway, this is one of those really nice Summer days. The sort of day we remember IS Summer; like God's blanket made just for our pleasure. This is living at it's best. Enjoying where I am at this very moment; to the fullest. Not many days are appreciated that much. Glad they sneak up on me every once in a while.

Hope your Summer brings you as much joy as you want; doing whatever, or not doing whatever you want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.