12.8.05

Where have I been? Pull up a chair.

I got tired of windows 98se always needing some kind of upgrade and not being able to get it. Sooooo, went to my neighborhood computer guy (since my new teckie grandson in law wouldn't help me...weird dude)
Anyway, talked to my friend Red and it only cost me 48.00 to get 2000 put on mine after completely reformatting my computer.
I've been getting accustomed to the new OS; finding things and stuff like that.
It's a much more powerful OS than what I had and lots of differences, so it's like going to school all over again.
I've loaded and reloaded programs since I got it and it was in the shop for 4 days, so that pretty much kills 7 days. I finally got fed up with Norton and shit canned it again just a few minutes ago.
My Server has a fantastic screening for junk mail and viruses and Firefox is the ONLY way to fly for the net. They have their own firewalls etc and pop-up blocking tools and add ons that make it great.
Problem was, I've done that 3 times now too.
It's a lot like getting a brand new computer and all the shit you have to go through to get it set the way you like it.
I need a new DVD disk drive (it will cost me 50.00 and he'll come here and put it in in about 15 minutes) Now all I need is the 50.00 bucks. LOL
Tough to do when I'm handing out 20.00 every other day to my son-in-law to help him keep gas in his gas guzzling truck. We're paying 2.70 now for a gallon of gas. Food is skyrocketing too because of the higher fuel costs for trucking. Man, I tell you I'd like to croak something. Wish I still had my 4/10 so I could go out and shoot plastic lids. Helps immensely when you get pissed and can't do anything about the problem. LOL Use to blow off a couple hundred rounds and go home and reload them for another blow off some stink. Great therapy; it would work good for computer frustrations too. LOL
I haven't posted anything because of all the crap I'm swimming through right now. School starts here on 29th and I won't get paid till September 30th. Skinny way to live....My poor credit cards are getting slim.
Wish I could say the same for me.
That sitting around not being able to do anything for over a month and a half didn't do a damn thing for my waistline..well, ya it did; it got more pear shaped. LOL Mmmmmmmmmmmm pizza!!!
Well hope this fills you in.
Thanks for keeping in touch; saved me typing in all those addresses phew!!! I had 114 e-mails when I finally got back on line again. I'm still wading through them.
Talk to you soon,

Money, if it does not bring you happiness,
will at least help you to be miserable in comfort
A quote from Lord Mancroft.

Jan

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Zette said...

Good to have you back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.