22.1.05

Soggy Saturday

I just looked out the window for the first time today. It's raining again. Imagine that, rain in Washington; who'd a thunk? We had a respite of one whole day which I spent indoors painting two pictures and prepping two canvas for today. I almost went for a drive today with my camera but when I saw it was overcast and gloomy, with every indication of breaking out into a heavy drizzle again. I changed my mind; now it's full fledged rain.


I'm beginning to hate the rain because it leaks into my car and fills up the foot wells inside; with about an inch and a half of water. This causes condensation on all the windows inside. I wind up grabbing papers to sop up the water under the mats daily, and using a rubber squeegee on the windows before I can go anywhere. That isn't easy, nor conducive to wanting to drive anywhere.

Guess I'll just go watch a movie and let the car fill up with water. It will be there when I do decide to drive someplace, because no one would be foolish enough to steal my piece of crap car; no such luck for me. My daughter says I should just punch a bunch of holes in the floor so the water can drain out. I keep telling her, I'd rather replace the rubber on the doors and keep the floors in tact. Problem is, the junk yard is 60 miles away and I don't even know if they have any door rubber that matches my car, nor how much they want for it; then I need to find a dry place to work on putting the new stuff in and drying properly. I just need about a week of sunny weather and time off with money to accomplish this feat.
Till then------got any newspapers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.