12.1.05

Like a Kid in a Candy Store

I'm so excited I don't know how to act. I just ordered DSL. Whoop-EEEE!
Up to now, I've had just old regular dial-up. Lately it's been feeling like it's so slow I could have gotten pregnant while I waited just to write in my blog journal. Now that would be some feat, when you consider I haven't even got a boyfriend right now. Does that tell you how slow it's been or am I just getting impatient?
It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't started keeping a daily journal, but since I did, I'd like to be able to do something besides sit in a chair waiting for the damned connection. By the time it would connect I could forget what I was going to put in the journal, so I tried the posting from my e-mail. I'm sorry to say, it didn't nor does it yet work. I have yet to get my entry to post to my blog from an e-mail. So I just use it to write them, and then when I can finally get connected; I post them. It's a long drawn out proposition but hay, when you want to get the word out; you'll do most anything to achieve your aim.
And that's exactly what I did for a measly $8.00 more a month. I can connect faster and God willing with the help of ReachOne, I'll get something else accomplished in my days besides exercising and learning new cuss words, or counting the lumps in the textured ceiling.
There's another side benefit to this transition too. I will be able to talk on the phone while I'm online. "OOOOOOOOOOW Tech nol ogeeeee."
I really should say something for ReachOne, with regard to their service. They are without a doubt the best company I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I have to tell you this story about them. It's totally awesome and unless it happened to me, I would never have believed a company would do such a thing ---- now days.
I was having problems getting on the internet. Tried everything I could and couldn't figure out what was the problem. Now I have to inject here, I'm not an idiot when it comes to machines and I do know my way around my computer. Not as well as I'd like, but hay, I'm learning.
Anyway, I had tried everything outside of getting a double barreled shot gun. Nothing worked. So I called my server.. Help! And they did!
They sent out a Technician to check out my computer and their program on my computer. He gets paid normally $100.00 an hour. He spent 2 hours messing around with their Speedwire program and tweaking my computer. He was amazing. Flat out amazing. He had it fixed in about 45 minutes but was having so much fun, he spent 2 hours playing with the settings and adjustments. By the time he was finished; I felt like I had a new computer. It not only was fast, but was efficient to boot.
Now here's the kicker. ReachOne didn't charge me a penny for that service. He would not accept any payment for what he did. All I could get him to take was one of my paintings. And it was only worth about $60.00. It wasn't even one of my better paintings; he just liked it. So I was happy as a clam, and so was he; and the company's reputation went up about 1,000 notches in my book.
So, if you ever have the opportunity to have dealings with ReachOne.com or ReachOne.net; by all means do it. You'll be glad you did. For me they are like the candy store and I can get my treats for mere pennies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.