20.1.05

Painting Weekend ..... YES!

This morning after being sick three and a half days I ran all over the place trying to catch up on things that I had to let slide, but now I have my art stuff laid out for my non-sick 3-day weekend. The canvas is getting ready and the paints are softening, so by the time I'm finished exercising I can start a painting marathon.


I was commissioned to do a painting for a wedding gift. I think I'm going to do one of orange roses because that's what the bride likes. I'll also do a couple landscapes. Perhaps one of a rose garden with her favorites in a place of honor. Something gorgeous and sentimental all wrapped up in lush greens popping with new life. I know she likes wilderness because I heard her say once she'd love to be able to live in a place like that with someone she loved.


I love painting fishing holes. Places that make the viewer want to run away and hide there for a while. Peaceful and full of natures sounds and sights. Places that romanticize crickets, little furry caterpillars and water bugs. Places that make you forget they're filled with spiders and mosquitoes, and even snakes in some parts of the country. LOL But somehow you don't think about them. Your mind leans more toward that big lunker in the pond, pool or stream. You know there has to be one lurking in the shadowy bank under the willow trees; if you were a wise old fish, that's where you'd be. Oh, God! I want to make those places come alive on canvas. But that's my kind of picture. The break-out-the-fishing-gear, and pop-a-can, or uncork-a-bottle; I'm-doing-some-serious-fishing-for-dinner-around-the-campfire picture.


I was able to accomplish that in a few of my paintings. I've had several people fall in love with some of them enough to buy them. Others were thrilled to get them as a gift. Some got stolen and some just got misplaced in all the moving around I've done.


It brings to mind how so many artists have paintings that are lost and rediscovered, which I wondered about at one time; but that was when I was well organized, or at least moreso than I am now. I'm not quite a MONK neat freak but I do like my chaos in nice neat piles.
Speaking of getting organized, I need to do a check on have's and have not's.


I have :
2 20x24 rectangle
6 18x24 rectangle
1 8x10 oval
1 5x7 oval
1 7x9 rectangle
1 6x8 rectangle
12 assorted sizes conches
4 6x8 panels
Maybe enough watercolor paint in tubes for all.


If I use the oils too I'll need to dig out the rest of the oil painting supplies first.
Note to self: better use them up soon before some of them dry out; especially the stuff I got at the yard sales.


Look for some framing materials at Bud's Lumber.


Check on hanging some in the local restaurants and stores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.