11.5.05

Questions about Healing

I've been doing a Bible study and a question has surfaced regarding the Holy Spirit and being filled by the Spirit of God. The Apostles were filled, and many who heard them and believed were also filled with the Holy Spirit.

Today I received my daily scripture from God's Daily Promises, quote: ...."How does God Heal?" ......"Are any among you sick? They should call for the elders of the church and have them pray over them.".... James 5: 13-16 NLT "God responds to Prayer."

My question: Can we be filled with the Holy Spirit by being touched by Jesus when receiving healing, or even when we aren't looking for it; expecting to be filled? I have a personal experience I will relate here. I was healed this time in particular by Jesus' own touch. I didn't have elders praying over me, nor was I technically worthy (according to mankind's ideas) of being healed. Yet, it happened! It's a fact! I'm just wondering; did I automatically received the Holy Spirit then and did the others that were witnesses too?

Here's my own personal, first hand experience with one of my healings.

"Sweet Jesus forgive me. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have hit her. But she shouldn't have hurt (a child I was guardian over while waiting for someone to be her foster parents). Please forgive both of us for being so weak.
But Lord, I'm sorry for my part in this. Please forgive me; because, I sinned against you."
At about that time someone came over to me trying to get me to stop praying, and get me up to leave for the emergency room, for medical attention. I had used my hand as a club breaking every finger on my right hand. They were twisted grotesquely in many directions; non of which were normal. Mostly they lay limp to one side or the other from the joint where they connected to the body of the hand. They had gotten broken from hitting another woman who had come to my home as a friend, but made the mistake of backhanding this particular girl in my care. Where the woman connected with the girls cheek, her ring cut deep enough to draw blood. When I saw the blood, I just blew, went looking for this woman, then began pounding on her; all the while yelling she was not going to get away with hurting one of my kids in my care. Once I straddled her on the ground, I just continued to beat at her face from left to right and back.
I was totally wrong for loosing my temper. There is no way around that fact. I had totally lost it, and if I hadn't had some unseen hand of reason cause me to stop, I could have killed her. Praise God for his mercy on ALL of us! God turned this horror play in real life into a wonderful life-changing experience for all of us at the party that night.

I had gone into the house to get away from her; leaving her to others who were there. When I got into the house, I noticed my hand and realized what a mess. I knew it needed attention. I turned to the only one I felt I needed to apologize to; before I did anything else. I got on my knees in the middle of the living room floor and started praying; at first for forgiveness for myself, and then for the other woman. It wasn't until someone in the crowd came over and tried to get me to stop praying that I started praying for healing. I didn't stop praying. I just said, "Get behind me Satan!" Then went on praying for forgiveness and healing. It was at this point I began seeing something while looking and reaching up.

What I saw:
It was like looking into a cloud forming. Smoky looking almost. Or as described in the Bible - looking through a mist or veil. I could see but not clearly. Anyway, I saw Jesus reaching down toward me with His outstretched hand. Like He was pointing with His hand open because His forefinger pointed toward me. It was like a Michelangelo painting of the outstretched hand of God touching. I just knew more than I could see it was Him, and I knew that if I could just touch His finger I'd be healed AND forgiven; all at the same time. I kept reaching up looking at His face trying to see His face more clearly, yet reaching for His fingers touch on my outstretched broken hand. When I finally touched Him, or He touched me, 16 people witnessed my hand be healed and each one's life changed from that moment.

Were we touched by the Holy Spirit? Is that what made us all become different people? Funny - we didn't feel any different, but we all changed; every one of us. And it all started from a party gone sour and out of control.

We weren't seeking church elders,or even expecting anything good to happen other than maybe we could all get home without further incident. We weren't looking for God or the touch of the Holy Spirit. We weren't thinking anything pertaining to beliefs in a higher power. Far from it, we were out for our own idea of a good time. So why was I healed? Why were all of us healed from our wrong lifestyles and heading down the wrong path in life? Instead I've been filled with all kinds of questions ever since. But I walked away from that night with a new found rock solid faith, and a completely different perspective on our Christ. It also strikes me strange that it was blood that triggered it all. Was that a form of sacrifice for all of us to realize how foolish our lives are without focusing on God?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.