26.4.05

One of those dayz

What day is it and why did I wake up dizzy?
I could understand feeling like this if I was still drinking, but I quit drinking alcohol years ago; but it feels just like a doozy of a hangover.

When the alarm went off this morning I rolled over to shut it off and nearly fell out of bed in the process. "Whoa!
What the heck was that?" I thought to myself. Then when I tried sitting up I felt nauseous and promptly lay back down and let the room spin for a while.
I knew this wouldn't do for driving school bus and thought, "Well, I'll give it some time; maybe it's just I tried getting up to fast and it will go away." By six forty-five I was able to sit up but still woozy, so I worked my way across the room to phone work, and let them know I wouldn't be in today. I checked my bg" like I normally do every morning and it wasn't high or low blood sugar causing this, so I haven't got a clue. It's really weird, because I don't feel sick other than I'm just dizzy as heck, and only get to feeling queasy if I move to fast; otherwise, I only have a headache.

Yesterday, I went to visit my landlady who has been down for nearly a month with double ear infections coupled with morning sickness. Talk about poor lady. Anyway, I don't think I caught any virus from her. She had a mild fever when I got there but it broke while I was there and she's on antibiotics so she shouldn't be contagious; at least not from what she told me was wrong with her. I had made a joke that I'd buy her sickness from her so she could have a break from it (my grandma used to buy people's sicknesses for a quarter) like the old time fold superstition. I didn't have a quarter or any change for that matter. LOL So here I am feeling crappy now.

You don't suppose there is anything to that old superstition, do you? I know my old gramma was dead serious about it. But then, she was serious about putting a lizard in a person's mouth to. It was to let the lizard breath in their mouth for getting rid of a soar throat. She had another good one. If you stepped on a nail, you were suppose to grease the nail, then lay it up on a window sill. "Then your foot wouldn't get infected." She'd say. My Mom always added, "And the nail won't rust any more either." We used to laugh and joke about these two; when gramma wasn't around, of coarse.

I have another two and a half hours before I'll know if I will be able to work this afternoon's run or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.