21.4.05

Sprig brigs allergies tdo...Sdiffle,

I was in a local department store today; where I usually buy my potting soil and plants. I had stopped to kill some time. I thought it would be a great time to pick up a bag of potting soil I wanted for the big planter I bought for some tomatoes seeds I purchased the last time the sun was out. Last year I had tomatoes well into near Thanksgiving. I liked it so much I thought I'd try again this year with a larger pot that can be moved into the house when the cold starts again.
Well as usual I roamed around and found other things and nearly forgot the potting soil until I got to the counter and noticed the long string of customers with potted plants, packages of seeds, empty pots and gardening stuffs tucked into their arms. Apparently that ray of sunshine was too much for all of us, because we had to get out and get to playing in the dirt.
Lawns have been mowed. Gardens tilled and prepped for planting. Trees have been netted for preventing birds from getting all the fruits. Fences have been painted and repaired. It's just been Spring popping up all over the place. Tulips have taken over the lawn borders where just a month ago daffodils and crocus were on parade. Now the sedum and amaryllis and other ground covers are in full swing, strutting their beauty.
Birds have come back from their winter quarters and now the sun is finally getting with the program.
Hay Washington! Spring has Sprung! The worms are rising and it's time to plant! My marigold seeds will finally be able to get out of the box in storage in the closet. The danger of frost is pretty much over.
God I love this time of year!
Maybe I better give it just another week or two to be on the safe side, considering wind chill factors and all; after all, this is the Northwest. But, Oh how the bug of Spring has bitten us all. It's going to be a glorious, wonderful, magnificent, Summer here in beautiful Washington. Time to dust off the old camera, break out the bug candles, spray and start using the Alavert to battle the not so fun parts of Sprig and Subber.

2 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gma thanks for the recipe I'll probably use it lol! I cooked a full course meal last night and It turned out great. Contrary to mom's beliefs I can cook. Leif thought the card was cute. Thanks I'll invite you over sometime.
Love Ya
Jasmin and Leif
http://spaces.msn.com/members/babylovin05/

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Jan myrz said...

LOL Well here it is two weeks now. You old married woman.
If you want any more recipes; just ask, I've gobs of them. I collect cheep, easy and quick meals. Plus good for you deserts and snacks.
Lv U2
G-Ma Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.