4.4.05

What do you think?

Recently I discovered that my grandson's life was threatened at school.
Another student decided he was going to shoot several students at school. This student made out a hit-list which he carried and another was found with more students names on it at home.

My grandson's name was at the top of the list this student carried around with him at school. It also had the names of several other friends and team mates of my grandson.

This student with the list and the intended shooting spree also wore a hat with a sign on it that said, "X X is the first to die!" My grandson's name was where I have placed the X X on the sign.

When my daughter and I learned of this my daughter contacted the school to see what was being done about this and why she hadn't been notified. She got a run around song and dance about we have to be understanding that this student needs help. The kid got suspended for one day for this.

No Shit!
He's running around threatening to kill kids and he only gets a slap on the hand and one day suspension?
There was a kid that got a 3 day suspension for chewing (chewing tobacco); another got 3 days for punching someone; yet this kid only gets 1 day?
Give me a stinking break!

We still haven't gotten any reason why the parents of the students on the list weren't told of the threat. And... I want to know why the bus garage wasn't told of the possible threat either. We could be transporting a student that is carrying a gun, who could open fire on a bus. Why weren't we at least told to keep an eye open for trouble?

We were notified when a kid made a bomb threat. Why not this?

We have tried to meet with the Principal twice now, and he's either in a meeting all day or been on a field trip. We are set for another appointment tomorrow at 10:00 A.M.

I wonder if it was his kid on the list; would he have been so blasé about it? His comment was,"It's neither apple or oranges". Excuse me? What the hell is that suppose to mean? Can someone explain that comment to me?

I've checked into school policy and this type problem isn't shown anywhere that I can see. Why not? Didn't they ever hear about Columbine? In fact just last week, in a school 25 miles away, a student stabbed another student. What's wrong with these people? Don't they believe the news? I've got a news flash for them. Yes! It can happen! It does happen! No! We don't like it! But.... The only way to get over a problem is to admit there is one! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.