23.4.05

"Somebody get that womans tongue off the floor...she's messing up the gym!"

Boy am I glad I decided to combine my diet journal into Melodrama; put everything in one spot instead of all over the place. Speaking of hanging out all over the place, Adonis has a cartoon on his desk that is a trainer and client. The trainer is telling the client that there's too much there to tuck in any more.
So far everything has been fine in the world of the physical; training that is. I've been there twice, and it's just another page in the drama of my life; just as it is in many others lives. For now it's going to be me and two hundred other women drooling over this personal trainer.
Never mind! He's all trainer! Just #$^&* Never mind! Figures! Damn health fanatics.

I should have known something was up when I heard someone yell, "Somebody get that woman's tongue off the floor...she's messing up the gym!"
Hay! I couldn't help it. I was on my nineteenth rep on the bun buster after already being on six other machines. He'd tell me what to do, then walk away, then back to another machine and repeat this. "What's he trying to do? Sweat it all off in one freak'n day?" There are two floors to this place and machines in every corner; along the walls and several rows in the center of the main floor.
EXccccccuuuuuusssseeme? Am I suppose to do all these suckers in one day? Son of a fatherless mother dog.

To paraphrase Maj. Payne, "He's gonna make me strong!"
And in the process I'll be a lot thinner. This reminds me of when my father was a newly retired drill sergeant from the Army. He'd get the whole family up every morning to do calisthenics in the back yard. He wanted us to get a good start on the day. PHHHHHeew! But you want to know something? I loved it. And, I love this too. Hurts like a mother trucker, but - by God it feels good!

Just before I left the gym, Adonis called me over and said, " You know you don't have to kill yourself. You could break up the machines over the week. It would be better for your body to recuperate between sessions. It will do you more good that way. You really did a great workout today. I'm impressed."
I had misunderstood. I thought I was suppose to do them all, but he was just showing me how they worked. I had not been in a gym in twenty years. Everything's digital now, and fancy gadgetry I'd never seen. He thought I knew them when I started exercising, so he let me go after explaining each new one. I think maybe I'll wait for instructions next time. What could it hurt?

I felt the rain dance in beads around on my skin; reminiscent of a frying pan; when I was on the way to the car. And that was after a shower, inside the building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.