16.8.05

Oh Swell! Jury Duty!

Well I guess the other shoe finally hit the floor. I've been waiting for the past 2 months to be called for jury duty and it hits for me on the 18th at 9 a.m.

I have mixed emotions about serving as a juror. On the one hand I'm proud to do my duty as an American citizen; being a part of the justice system in place for our liberties. But on the other hand I don't really believe there is such a thing as justice any more. Perhaps more so in my little community than we see depicted in the trials of OJ and Jackson; just to name a couple recently farced justice trials that shows if you have enough money, you don't go to jail.

But here in my small corner of America there might still be real justice at work for the little person who's gotten tangled in the web of law. So for that reason I'm proud to serve. I've served before and it is interesting whether I serve as a forperson or not. I've been picked once and turned down once and showed up but wasn't needed once. Hum...Wonder what will happen this time?

See, a person just never knows when it comes to lady justice. That's why she's blindfolded.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.