4.3.05

The Big Switch; Weaknesses and Strengths.

I was thinking about weaknesses and strengths. Each of us are given natural weaknesses and strengths and over time we mold our lives accordingly. We are taught some of these by our parents fears and hopes, and society as a whole inflicts others upon us, while others we learn in the school of hard knocks. By the time we become individuals, attempting to steer our vessel-selves through the vast sea of life, we have all these influences that have made us who we are. My thinking was what if my weaknesses became my strengths, and my strengths my weaknesses? I've always been a proud (weak) individual (need people). Independent (can't stand alone, always needing help). Loving toward all people (don't trust anyone, shy, reclusive and mean). I've always put family first (to hell with family) put others needs above my own (If there is anything left after I get what I want I'll think about helping someone else). Prided myself on trying to be a practicing Christian, a Bible thumping child of God (be made to believe I should feel shame for continuing to believe in what the world says is bullshit). These are just a few places I can see where this what if would really cause some problems. But what if it really happened?


I would probably try to counter the effects to bring everything into being that I wanted to be fact. Learn to use the opposite to my best advantage. So if I've always been healthy and now feel sick all the time I need to counter that with what? Being weak, needing people and always needing help from people I don't trust? Should I be shy and reclusive and mean; angry with the family and think only of myself and sit alone wondering if all these years of believing God and trusting in Christ as my savior is nothing more than bullshit? Nope, I can't do it. As my Mom and Dad used to say, "Can't means won't!" So I guess I won't do it. I know my Lord Jesus lives not only in me but in others on this earth. I know God is worthy of my trust and belief; it doesn't matter what the world believes or wants me to believe.


If I hadn't seen Christ and been touched by His healing hand twice, then I might have been able to be pulled away from believing. But I'm not like the Israelites who were brought out of Egypt by God's mighty hand to the desert where He fed them and provided them with water and the ten commandments by which to rule their lives. He was with them every step of the way, just as He is with us today. They experienced His mighty works first hand, yet they turned on Him like ungrateful children; I refuse to do the same.


My miracles were just as mighty to me and I haven't forgotten them. I was paralyzed for a year from slipping on a wet tile floor and mashing the third lumbar vertebrae. Everyone said I wouldn't walk again, and I lay flat on my back for months. Finally the doctor let me go home where I lay by the pool on the hot cement and burned in the sun. I prayed and never gave in to the words and beliefs of those around me that I wouldn't walk. I didn't give it space in my life. I just wouldn't listen to it.....ever! I believed I would be healed in God's own good time, and I'd trust Him because he didn't lie in the past and He sure wouldn't lie to me. He would have no reason to lie to me. God isn't the liar and deceiver. Then one day when the doctor was examining me I felt pain. Horrible pain, but I was happy. He was sticking me with a pin into my toes. I could only yell out, "do it again!" "I can feel that!" I cried lots of tears, "It hurts!" "Praise God it hurts!" And I'd grit my teeth together from the pain.
It felt like ginger ale in my legs. Like when your body part has been asleep for a while and is coming too again. Only big time pain.


I walked again and went on to work in logging. I was drawn to working with wood as Jesus did in His youth. I loved the woods and walking the hills. I lived in the desert and worked in the mountains. I was a happy woman. God rewarded my faithfulness to Him. I say him because I only know a man to be a father. God is my creator father, my spiritual father, and my savior father; but most of all, He's my friend.


My second miracle happened in my living room in front of sixteen people.
I had opened my home to taking in unwanted kids; runaways, juvenile delinquents due to someone molesting them or neglecting them or using and abusing them. Kids from ages 9 through 16 (and even the police brought them to my home).
At the time of the miracle I had just turned over a boy to his aunt and was only protecting and caring for a 16 year old girl.


The mother of the boy that had just left my home came to the house when I was having a few friends over for a friendly BYOB gathering that was totally mild and innocent until the girl came to me and asked me a question. I noticed a bloody scratch on her cheek and inquired how it got there. My daughter who was 14 at the time spoke up and told me that the boy's mother had done it. Apparently she didn't like this girl and back handed her across the face. She had a rather large ring on that left a bloody gash on the girl's cheek. I've never been able to be mellow when it comes to a child in my care getting hurt by anyone. So, I went to this woman and proceeded to beat the living crap out of her. I got her down on the ground, straddled her and used my right fist as a club; wielding it back and forth across this woman's face. All the while yelling at her, " How do YOU like getting hit like this?" And I'd blast her with my fist from right to left. "Don't you EVER hit one of my kids." Thump, left to right. "I'll show you just what it's like!" Smash! right to left. "How's it feel?" I had to make myself stop or I would have killed her.


The police showed up and I told them what happened. They chewed us both out and warned us to settle down or they would have to arrest us. I went back into the living room and got on my knees in the middle of the room and started praying. Lord forgive me. I should never have done that. But she should never have hit my kids. But I'm sorry for what I did.
I prayed for a long time. My hand was a mess. My fingers were all laying sideways; broken. My whole hand was swelling and turning plumy purple/green/red. At one point one of the people there came to me and tried to get me to quit praying and go to a doctor. I only replied, "Get behind me Satan!" and continued praying for forgiveness.


I was forgiven. My hand was healed right there in front of 16 people. The woman was too. She came to me afterwards and we cried together "I'm sorry, forgive me, I'm sorry,"
She only had a few red spots. No broken skin. I had the tip of my index finger turned slightly and still is today; I look at it and it is a constant reminder of God's forgiveness when I was stupid.


I don't know what happened to the woman or the girl, but I do know the Lord used that incident to turn all those people's lives around and every one of them lived a better life afterwards, because they witnessed my hand being healed before their eyes. During that healing, I was reaching and looking up; then I saw Jesus. I can't describe him to you; but I know it was Him. It was like being in a milky misty fog; me reaching for Him and Him reaching for me. Then when His one finger touched me, my hand was healed. He smiled and disappeared. I felt washed clean and I've never been the same since.


From that day forward I've lived in wonder; because those are only two of the many miracles I've experienced in my lifetime. I can't; No I won't deny nor be ashamed to say I believe in my Lord Jesus Christ. I believe in God; my Creator. Yes, I said my Creator; because I didn't evolve from any form of monkey or ape. I was created by my Father in heaven. I believe in God's Holy Spirit that helps me every day of my life, and will continue to help me because that's how much He loves me. And, He loves you too.


So, if your feeling weak where you know your strong; turn to the only one that is of any importance to your well being and your life. This is another opportunity to change your life before Christ returns. Don't dance to the drums of the idols, but listen to the whisperings the Holy Spirit is saying to you. You can trust Him.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.