22.2.05

Here I go on my soap box again.

Today I finally got my medical card that I was suppose to get 4 years ago; but, I was conveniently not told that I had one coming. I qualified and finally fit into a category without falling through the cracks, but our illustrious Governor in all his benevolence, encouraged the Department of Health and Social Services to gloss over people in my group. In other words; screw the already screwed class. I was one of over 700 people that was shuffled out of the way.


Well, after getting my Medicaid card for February on the 22nd; which by the way is good until the 28th, I promptly went to the eye doctor for my yearly eye check-up; that has been costing me over $600.00 a year for new Rx, frames, and the full exam. (That's $2400.00 out of my pocket that was suppose to be paid for by the insurance; just for the eyes over those 4 years.)


Our politicians (including our Governor) didn't pay out any $ for their check-ups; they had insurance that paid for it...come to think of it, I helped pay for their insurance. Wasn't that sweet of me (and you)? And this is just eyes. I paid out $2700.00 in medicines etc. in 2002; $3000.00 in 2003 and $1440.00 in 2004, for a total of $7140.00; my out of pocket expenses that should have been covered by Medicaid but wasn't. No wonder I'm so far in debt I can't see daylight.


Next on the list of get taken care of quick is the teeth. So I went to the dentist office. He doesn't accept Medicaid, so I had to wait on the telephone for 45 minutes for the people in our state that have listings of all the medical people in the state. They referred me to 6 other dentist that they believe takes Medicaid. She also suggested I call all the dentist in my area and ask if they will accept that insurance.


Meantime I had to go to the doctor this morning. I've had an excruciating pain in my left shoulder blade area. It is doing a bang up imitation of feeling like I've been stabbed in the back. No shit! The pain runs deep into my flesh and covers a radius of about the size of a saucer. Anyway, the doctor wouldn't be in until 11:00 a.m. due to he would be in surgery until then.


Sooooooo.... I went over to the chiropractor. Got in right away.
He said, "No wonder your in pain. You have 3 vertebrae in one series then another 2 lower down that are out of place. You have one rib that is slipped out of place @ one of the 3. The 5 vertebrae are all turned to the left which has caused the rib to slide out of position."


WHAT! I THOUGHT YOUR RIBS STAYED WHERE THEY WERE!
Well class, they don't.
Nope!


They are attached to the spine, but can slide and move just the same as the rest of the bones in our bodies. The cartilage and muscles are what keep them where they are suppose to be.
Now isn't that a comforting thought. Our ribs could decide to slip out of place...rip free of the bone and if they wanted to.... could puncture a lung. @#$%^&*( Who knew! )
So the Doctor of Chiropractic did some thumping and shooting (with some sort of gun apparatus that sounds like a typewriter and feels like OUCH!) and smashing and told me to come back Friday to see if what he did made it start to slide back into position like they are suppose to be.


Swell.... I've done without sleep now for 5 nights and have to go for another 3 before I find out if the #$%^&*( bones are going to go back into place like good little bones.
Problem is, I can't sleep on my back and that is the ONLY position I can get any relief from the pain. I can sleep on either side or even my face but my body just refuses to sleep when I'm on my back.


I've been eating aspirin like peanuts. Gallons of water to keep that from burning my stomach.
Sweet Jesus! I think I'm going to try a rubber mallet tonight. One nicely placed blow to the head might knock me out long enough to rest.


Check this little tid bit out.... I needed an ice pack to combat the pain; right? Guess what I found to use; since I don't have an ice pack? I recently bought one of those 3 meal deals, where it has a roast, stew meat and 3 steaks in one package. I had wrapped them in foil and put them in the freezer. Hummm! I think to myself. I grabbed one of the steaks; shoved it into a plastic zip lock freezer bag and laid on it. IT WORKED GREAT! Icy cold, just the right size, and no wet bed.


So guess what I'm having for dinner tonight.... LOL
Yep! Macaroni and cheese...Heck I'm not eating my ice pack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.