23.2.05

First sketching of orange star rose for the painting.


This is the first sketching of orange star rose for the painting.
I used watercolor pencils to get the feel of the colors I want to blend. I want them more blush; more of a kiss of pink on the orange. The orange has to be a stark, striking orange; almost florescent with rimmed blood red/rose. At least that's what I picture in my mind; now the trick is transferring that image onto canvas. Thank heavens I have until June. Problem is, I only have one oval 8 x 10 canvas. Maybe the canvas fairy will visit my studio between now and then. I certainly hope so, because Spring is coming and that's my favorite time of year for painting.

Oh! Happy Birthday Sis! Hope your day is special, you almost old fart......But who's keeping track? LOL



Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger magz said...

this would make a way pretty tatooo, but only for somebody else.. LOL. hi jan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.