24.1.06

Chicken & Eggplant Soup

I've been down sick since Thursday evening so wanted something quick easy and good to eat that wouldn't upset my diet, I'm diabetic, and wouldn't upset my stomach, tired of running to the John barfing.
SO...
I made this the other night and love it. It was an experiment using eggplant in soup. I don't know why I never did it before it's great! Probably because I never had a half of an eggplant and nothing else that looked good, to a sicky, in the fridge. So here's my discovery. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Chicken eggplant soup
Use the wings neck back strap, giblets and thighs from a whole chicken. You could use more but this was what I had left form another meal of chicken I roasted on the rotisserie. These parts were still raw and I wanted to use them before they went bad.
In a soup pot add everything at once.
The chicken pieces can be cut into smaller pieces if you like; I just left them so I'd have some chunks in my bowl besides the eggplant and celery.
About 2-3 quarts water
Chicken pieces
1 small eggplant cut into chunks skin on. (Cut thick slices then cut slices in half and those into large chunks)
4 stocks celery cut into about 2 inch chunks
1 small onion chunked
Add pinch basil, oregano, red chilies and season to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper.
Let simmer until meat falls off the bones.
If you want to mess with picking out the bones and shredding the chicken throughout, it's up to you. I just dished it up and picked the bones that were easy to get out; the rest I left there.
This is another good soup that is good cold too.
Simple, easy and good; that's the order of business right now.
Motivation, like bathing must be applied daily, and right now my motivation is running on autopilot. God I hate being ill.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.