19.1.06

Blessings in the Darkness

“An horror of great darkness fell upon him.” Gen 15:12

January 16, 2006 evening @ 8 pm the power went out. The storm caused trees to fall across power lines and blew the transformer, cutting power and phone service to the entire area.

“Buried with Him…that…. Even so we also should walk in newness of life.” Rom 6:4

But because I know God is leading me, I didn’t worry, but trusted Him and praised Him for the opportunity He presented even in that seemingly emergency state. “Lord, I thank you for blessing me.”

“When He was alone, the twelve…. Asked of Him…” Mark 4:10

During my time in the darkness I discovered a peace that could only be God. I know this sounds crazy but I found my camera that had been missing for over a month.Now just in explanation: It isn’t like I hadn’t searched the entire apartment for the camera: I had. I had dug into every nook and cranny and every drawer. My camera was missing from my apartment. Yet – in the dark – while searching for light to light some candles – My hand was placed upon my camera, in it’s case, in a drawer.That was the moment I knew God was there with me telling me everything would be all right. That surprise was just His way of letting me know to be happy in spite of the darkness.

“When they were alone, He expounded all things to His disciples.” Mark 4:34

As a result of my relaxing and enjoying the blackout, God was able to get through to me without outside influences getting in my way. I was relaxed and receptive; praising Him for His kindness and generosity to me.Because of the blackout I was shown I would be needed to prepare for the day that is coming, when I will be needed to be prepared. Then I’ll be able to help others who haven’t been able to hear or see the warning signs. I had asked to serve.

He is preparing me to do, just that.Thank you precious Spirit Father!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.