16.5.05

Tis the Season to go Camping.. Fa La La La La

Check the camping gear:

Tent, sun screen, sun glasses, mosquito repellent, snake bite kit, first aid kit.
Cooking utensils, Pot holders, Camp stove, Pots and pans (cast iron)
Coffee pot, Ice chest, Cooler, Lights, Rope.
Breath.....
Twine, shovel, bucket, water container, potty (just in case) Butt wipe! (Who Nelly, don't like wiping with leaves.)
Trash bags, plastic screw on lided food storage containers, Back pack, dehydrated food, space blanket.
Sig bottles, dishes, cutlery, eating utensils, hiking boots.

Gasp!.....
Food, ice, drinks, snacks, chips, salads (for first night).
Sleeping mat and bag, bow and arrows, pistol and ammo, binoculars, cold weather clothes, hot weather clothes.
Extra sox, screw driver, hammer, pair of pliers, flash light and lanterns.
Travel art box stocked with art supplies, travel canvas and art paper/books carrier stocked.
Books to read, games.

Phew!......
I'm tired just making the list. Jesus! And I don't even have a pick up truck to haul all this stuff in to go camping.

And what about the fishing gear:
Waders, blow up boat, tackle box, poles?
Mustn't forget the drinks. Who ever heard of camping without at least getting tippisippy at least one night around the camp fire. Sheeez, where do I stuff that?

OK now, something has to go or be left behind. What's it going to be? This is just a list of stuff for me; what's it going to be for 2 people? 3? 4? OMG What am I thinking? I could go to a motel at the beach and they'd supply all the stuff. All I'd need to bring is the clothes I want to wear. Who's Idea was it to go camping anyway? Screw that! I'm too old to roll around in the filth. Well, not really but it sure doesn't sound like fun right now. Maybe I'll wait till Summer.

Funny, I used to be so organized and had all the camping stuff ready to go at a moment's notice. Teach me to not go for a few years. Now I have to do it all over again. That's friggin work, and it takes half the fun out of the camping trip. I know what it is...... I don't know where the hot springs are in this state yet. Takes less alcohol and lots less gear to spend a camping trip in a hot tub along side a river than it does to set up camp and then go trekking looking for stuff like that to do.
I hear Shilo Inn has nice tubs......Maybe I'll go camping after all????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.