2.12.04

A Geeves by any other name is still Great!

Pick a topic any topic and ask Jeeves. It is the coolest search and answer site there is in my book. Google and the others all have their own good points but man o man Jeeves rules.
Who said, Once in a while you gotta take a chance.
What's the origin of St. John's Wort?
What is Zurtek used for ?
What is a blog?
What's the address of the Social Security office for Aberdeen, WA?
Where can I find pictures of US Sailing Vessels?
Where can I get plans for building a functional alcohol still?
Where can I get a recipe for making French bread?
Where can I get a recipe for making brandy?
How do I build a nesting box for cockatiels?
These are just some of the topics I've requested from Jeeves in the recent past, and each one I got just what I needed without having to do extra searching and hours of reeding to find what I wanted.
Now I should cop to it that my favorite dog was named Geevers. He was a my super dog. His lineage was English Sheep dog (standard), Great Dane (BIG standard Dane), Rhodesian Ridge-back and Russian Wolf Hound. This guy grew big enough my daughter could ride him like a pony. I'm not tall but at my
5 foot 2 1/4 inches he could almost look me in the eye, and did look down on me when he put his front paws on my shoulders. He was my woods dog (my companion while I worked in the woods). His breed was bread originally for hunting bear and wolves; however, he made an excellent companion and protector for a single female tramping around in the wilds of the mountain wilderness areas.
Oh, Geevers we had some good days didn't we.
I think about him most over the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays.
You are probably wondering why I brought him up with a search engine. I guess it's just a tweak of the name; maybe it's just that like the search engine Jeeves, my Geevers was always ready, waiting eagerly and capable of getting me what I needed or wanted. Willing to go with me wherever I was going; and saved my ass more than once.
I'll have to tell you about this magnificent animal sometime, but then I'd have to reminisce of my other dear furry canine friends. Chea, my endangered species red Wolf friend. Geevers, my woods Horse dog friend. Louigi Giovanni the Tooth, my vegetarian black Coyote friend, and Crown Jewel, my Lassie double Colly friend. Until then if you haven't experienced Jeeves first hand; by all means ask a question your curious about and see if you don't get a great answer, quickly.
Happy questioning.

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Zette said...

Awwwww.....Cool! Do you have any pics of Geevers that you could post on here? I bet he was enough dog for several single women tromping thru the woods alone....LOL!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Jan myrz said...

I have several but I don't know how to get them on the site.
When I figure that one out, I'll be happy to show him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.