20.10.10

GIVE US A BREAK!

I'm sick to death of the political brow beating, and bashing the opponent commercials; aren't you?

We get beat to death with commercials that do nothing but bash the other person running for any office, as well as any issue or bond or whatever might be on a ballot to be decided by voters throughout the country. 

I counted 15 political adds in a row, running in sets of three's, beating their messages into the viewer as though we were to stupid to see what they are doing.  FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.....GIVE US A BREAK!

I want to know what is good about an issue, and I want the credentials of the candidates; facts, not special interest groups paying for adds for the person they can get to bend to their will.  That isn't the kind of politics I want in my country.  I want honesty, and facts.

Watching a debate between the two hopefuls for Senator in my state of WA the other night, convinced me.  I heard only one person actually answer the questions put to them by the moderators.  This is the opponent's third try at getting our female Senator's seat.  This person vying for her job did nothing but bash, chop, degrade, put down, and attack.  He never answered one solid answer to any question put to him.  One moderator came back at him with the point blank... "If ...blah... would you ... yes or no?"  and he still avoided the question.   It just reminded me of the "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" a movie of a few years ago, where the politician did a little dance and song about sidestepping the issues. 

Yes, I believe I'd rather see snippets of the debates as the commercials instead of paid brow beating and mud slinging.  I'd prefer to make up my own mind; which by the way, I had a solid decision made before the end of that debate telecast.  The contender needs to go clean his clock and get out of politics.  I would NEVER vote for ANYONE who won't answer a point blank question.  If all he can do is poke sticks and throw stones then he's not bright enough to lead or represent me.  I wouldn't vote for that man even for local dog catcher.

But then I'm just a voter; one of the "We The People" that can and will use our own brains to decide what is best for us.  What's best for me is someone smart enough to see who's paying their paycheck and has sense enough to do the job they were put in there to do.  And they have to have enough smarts to know that IF they muck me over.... I don't take kindly to being ignored, used or abused; I fight back by voting against them and getting them out of politics, and out of my hair.

I'm not alone in this as the last major election proved.  People do think before they put down that mark, and they do so with a passion.
Not with sticks, stones and mud.

See you at the poles!

1 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Robin said...

I checked my mail the other day, my mailbox was stuffed. I took home 2 envelopes, the rest was political propaganda I neither solicited, nor wanted. Apparently the whole city of South Bend didn't want them either, the post office trashcan was overflowing with JUST those political ads. So vote for all these assholes that make it glaringly apparent that they give a crap less about our environment. LOOK AT ME, I TALK CRAP ABOUT EVERYTHING AND STAND FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I PROMISE TO KILL LOTS OF TREES FOR MY CAMPAIGN AND THEN THROW MY GARBAGE ALL OVER YOUR TOWN. WOO HOO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.