11.12.07

SILENT VOICES SCREAM IN THE DARK



I wanted to share with you these feelings my daughter put into words so well. It's a stage in all Mom's lives we all muddle through somehow.

SILENT VOICES SCREAM IN THE DARK
by Robin Ritchey

My mind races from scene to scene.
My babies taking their first little steps,
The big happy toothless grins,
Those wonderful little arm hugs, and
The "Mama you is the bestest".
Flash forward-
My baby girl, become a beautiful young woman.
Now a Mama herself, she is now someone's bestest.
My heart swells with pride and love,
Silent voices scream in the dark.

My little man, no longer quite so little,
He stands Tall strong and proud,
Getting ready to stretch his wings and fly from my nest
As he makes smart, thought out choices regarding his future
Silent voices scream in the dark

My heart so very proud of every accomplishment, cries
My heart bleeds with the knowledge of no longer being MAMA
I must now be a "friend"
Silent voices scream in the dark

How I ache inside
The constant pressure of tears
The panic
The unseen spasms as my arms starve for the full feeling of my children wrapped in the protective loving embrace
Knowledge that my loving embrace could easily become a smothering cage.

How do I let go?
Twenty years my life has revolved around them
I've done my job well
I can see the Thanks Mom in their eyes as they walk away from me.

SILENT VOICES SCREAM IN THE DARK

I can't sleep
Will they still need me?
Will they be alright?
Will I ever make it through this?
Quiet tears stream gently down my cheeks carving rivulets into withered soul
Silent voices screaming in my heart.

1 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there,

You write very well. I was reading over your blog and I thought you'd be a great addition to our new online community, polzoo.com. We only launched three weeks ago, but so far our daily hits have tripled already. We are a user generated political editorial and social network, we choose amongst our own bloggers to feature on the front page. I think your voice would be a great addition. Come check us out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.