3.2.05

Row Row Row my Car

Here's a tear jerker for you. I called the junk yard to see if I could get the rubber stripping for my doors (both sides) for my Buick LaSabre. Guess why? Oh go on... guess. Okay I'll tell you; because every time it rains my car fills up with water. The rubber around each door is so shot the water just channels down around the edges and to the bottom where it floods in on the foot wells and puddles there. I have to change the paper daily. Oh fun! Oh Glee!
Last rain we got lasted for almost 2 weeks and totally soaked my carpeting, papers, and mats and still had 3 inches of water sin standing puddles ....INSIDE.
Want to schlock in and go for a ride?
Well I was trying to dry the car out and get some new to me rubber from the junk yard where I got the trunk rubber, but the guy just called me back (this is our last day of sunshine for a while) and told me, "Nope, don't have any".
"Do you ever get cars in occasionally that might have what I need"? I says.
"Nope"!
"Well do you know anyone that might have it? Maybe another junkyard? Do you have a network or something"?
"Nope"!
"Okay, do you know of anyone that does that kind of thing"?
"Maybe a body shop"!
Notice how helpful this guy is; Or is it just me?
All I know is I'm sure glad I didn't drive the 50 mile round trip to Aberdeen and back to find out; much better to use the phone. I can take the disappointment much easier over the telephone. So now I have to check other junk yards myself, because old Delbert Delbert there was so magnanimous with his help.
I just need to stock up on lots of papers until the sunshine pops through again. Ponksatoni Phil says we have six more weeks of winter, so I'm thinking of building an ark and putting my car motor in it. On second thought, it isn't the streets that are flooding; that only happens when we have an extremely high tide and lots of rain too. Back to the ol drawing board. That's a better idea. To heck with the car... I'll just paint another picture.
I see visions of a cartoon.
See the person cutting up a kids bicycle tires and gluing the strips on the doors on each side. Then the next panel... The doors don't close and the rains start. Now, that's not funny; that's pathetic!
Speaking of cartoons, I could be like Red Green and duct tape them. Now there's an idea; wonder what he'd come up with. LOL He always says, "Keep your stick on the ice". Well I'm saying I'll keep my oars in the trunk with my hip boots; I might need to drive to the market or work.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.