14.10.04

Backyard Camping


Backyard Camping
Ever get invited to go camping? In someone's back yard? Among the chickens and ducks?
Ha! Well I have, and crazier still I've been so bored that I've been packed and ready to go since 10 this morning.
I was suppose to leave today but, the person that invited me called. With tissue paper feelings; complete with sniffles and sobs she told of she and her spouse had a fight. So being the friend that I am I listened and commiserated. Inside I'm thinking " Oh brother this is going to be some camp-out." I made the mistake of making a comment when she said she wasn't going to sleep outside and neither was her husband. I promptly got my head chewed on for a while then an apology for being so sensitive.
I then stated I'd be over tomorrow... with the Olympics starting and all, I'll give them time together to work out the kinks and then come over tomorrow. OK, great! I thought we had it all settled until I get another call a few hours later.... all better no more fights and we have more visitors coming. So now I'm thinking "Hmmmmm,
wonder how much room is out there for tents and stuff?" They aren't sleeping in the tent... just the guests.
Excuse me? Your going to sleep in a nice soft bed in a house with a bathroom and I'm suppose to tote all my crap into your backyard, downhill ( both ways), not a porta potty in sight, next to a chicken coop and duck pen, among a bunch of strangers ranging in ages from 9 to 20. The booze will be in the house. "Just a darned minute here, am I the unpaid babysitter?"
Stay tuned for the next installment of my own soap opera "As the Stomach Churns"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Google

Enjoy.... Have fun.....Play.....Make friends.